Saturday, January 4, 2014

It doesn't do me any good.

I complain. I complain a lot. I often hear my grandmother's voice in the back of my head...usually once a day. I hear what I call "Grandma-isms." In this case I hear, "I can't complain. It doesn't do me any good." I get it. What's the point of complaining because we know I don't complain about what I do. Nope, I complain about what others do or didn't do. I can't control them but I am definitely in control of myself. I don't realize or catch myself complaining while I'm doing it but soon afterward the Holy Spirit is quick to convict me. I need to do better. 

I read a blog recently where a mom challenged herself to stop yelling at her kids. It's a good read and you can find it here. Driving tonight, I had the thought that I should do the same. I need to challenge myself to stop complaining. I'm sure it would help my attitude and would make the lives of my husband and best friend easier since they're the two I complain to the most. So here it is... January 4, 2014 and I'm challenging myself to not complain for the rest of the year. 

Hold me accountable, ok? 

No comments: