Sunday, August 31, 2008

Any advice?

I know we have a while before our babies will arrive but there is so much to think about that we really have to plan early.
One of the things I've been thinking about lately is, how are Nacho, Oreo, and Pixie going to adjust to having two little human beings in the house? They have been our babies and have received all of our attention and eventually that will all change. They will still be our babies but there will be two babies who are ahead of them on the totem pole.

I think Pixie, who is convinced that the world was created for him, will just ignore them. He may use their soft cribs or seats for an occasional bed, but I think he'll ignore the babies themselves.

Oreo is our gentle giant and I think she'll like the babies. At first, I think she'll be scared but I think she'll be the one who protects.
Now, my real concern is with Nacho who thinks that she deserves everyone's full attention, especially Matt's. She is best friends with whoever gives her attention in the moment. That is, until Matt comes home and then in her eyes, he can do no wrong and he is the best thing since soft dog food.

My proof:
















1 comment:

farmersdaughter4ever said...

lol...move over animals, there will be new kids in town! I am not one to ask about pets, as I am not a HUGE animal lover and we had lot's of problems w/ the cat when we had Emma...and now, we can't even have a pet b/c of Ian's allergies! I think the best thing is to not make to big a deal about it and see what happens...pets are sorta like kids, they can sense your fear or worry or whatever so just don't worry about it, it will work it's self out...only thing I would keep in the back of your mind is if the babies are early will they be able to be around the animals?...but even that would/should be for a short time.....don't worry it will all work out!...oh my other advice, don't let any of them sleep in the crib or cradles or swings...discourage it from the beginning...b/c w/ Kiki I didn't stop her and she thought the crib...in, under and all around...belonged to her, she wasn't about sharing either, it might of been why we had so much trouble w/ her...who knows, so my advice, tell the animals from the start what belongs to them and what's the babies...and don't try changing it on them in the middle like I did! :) Ok so that's about all the friendly advice I can give!..lol...otherwise I tend to lean toward say bye bye now!lol...j/k, I would never tell you to do that, but for me, my kids quickly replaced the cat...heehee, but I'm not saying that will be the case for you at all! :)