Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Joseph!


Today is a special day. Today, my cousin Joseph, turns 27. He will also be celebrating his birthday in Iraq. He left for Iraq just a couple of days after our wedding and is there for an indefinite amount of time. He's missed spending Christmas, New Year's, and now his birthday with his wife. While I'm sad that he's missed out on these holidays, that doesn't mean that I think he shouldn't be there. I certainly hate that we're in a war and that lives are being lost on a regular basis. But, my theory remains that as long as he believes he should be there then I'll side with him. He's the one dealing with battle on a daily basis. He's the one coming face to face with danger and securing our freedom which all too often is taken for granted. So, as long as he thinks he should be there, then I think he's doing the right thing.

So, when you get a moment today, say a prayer on his behalf that God's guardian angels would keep him safe from harm. Remember him when you see a flag or when you exercise the right to free speech or the right to religious freedom or any of the other freedoms we posses as Americans.

Thanks, Joseph! I love you and Happy Birthday!

No comments: