Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Unexpected

Ok so two things happened last night that were unexpected. One was a sad occasion and one was a pleasant suprise.

Unfortunately, Matt's Clemson Tigers lost miserably to the Alabama Crimson Tide. While Alabama is usually a pretty decent team, I think most of the football world still though that Clemson would still get a fairly easy victory. However, this was not the case. I think Clemson's offense forgot to even show up. James Davis and C. J. Spiller should be so embarrased. I mean, they are two of the best running backs in the NCAA today. Together, Spiller and Davis carried for a total of eight yards. Compare this to Alabama who had over 200 rushing yards. Good grief. Clemson had the ball for a total of 18 minutes and 33 seconds. Sad. Sad. Sad.

Now for the unexpected surprise. Duke won their football game. Ok now, I know it was against James Madison which isn't like playing Clemson or Georgia, but a win is a win, especially when you're a school that has only won 17 games in the last 10 years. They have a new coach and I'm hoping they can accomplish some big things this year. I'm realistic but hopeful.

No comments: