Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So sad...

Maybe writing will help to ease the pain.

On Saturday, Duke lost its final game of the season. It hurts when they lose but it hurts a lot worse when they lose to the Tar Heels at home on senior night. Dang. Now, the result of the game didn't come as much of a surprise. I actually sorta expected it. I love my Blue Devils but I have to be realistic and the truth is with Hansborough, Ellington, and Green, the Tar Heels were gonna play better ball especially when, in rencent years, it seems all Coach K has his team working on shooting from the arc and nothing else. Now its one thing when you have a player who has a knack for 3-pointers... Redick was one such player. Singler is well on his way to being one of those players but Paulus needs to give it up! He worked hard last year and got his passing game where it needed to be but now he's given up on passing the ball and just goes for the three and the majority of the time... he misses! Oh well... I wish Nelson would have had a better game Saturday... being senior night and all. I wonder how the ACC tournament will go... only time will tell.

On to other things... if you get a chance read this story.
The story outrages me! I suppose if you don't have a passion for journalism and using this outlet as a means for presenting the truth, you won't be quite as outraged but this judge is ridiculous! Using confidential sources is regular practice in the journalism world. Only in the last decade has it come under such scrutiny. Without confidential sources so many important stories would go uncovered. Example? Deep Throat in the Watergate Scandal. Without that source, Woodward and Bernstein would have never been able to uncover what really went on with Nixon.

I'm still on the job hunt. I want to work from home so bad. Any ideas?

Alright, I suppose I better stop here for now.

cb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Crystal, I am working from home through a company called West. You can go http://www.westathome.com/ to learn more information. It is a legit company. I have already gotten 2 paychecks through them. It is hard to get more than 3 hours a day during the week but on the weekends and night shifts are pretty much available all the time. Pay is only guaranteed at minimum wage. Check it out and see if it something you'd be interested in. :) Hope you are both doing well. You get married and quit talking to me. :) LOL.