Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Here is today's update after our appointments this morning.

I am off of bedrest although I still can't do any lifting or anything strenuous. The babies' heartbeats are strong, 165 bpm (baby A) and 152 bpm (baby B). The doctors are concerned that Baby A's amniotic fluid is rather low. This could be a result of the bleeding I have a week and a half ago. Since Baby A sits closer to the placenta he may have been the baby who suffered from the blood loss. Another thing we have to consider is whether the babies have Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome. This occurs when there is one placenta that the two babies share. It is possible for one baby to get more nutrients, blood, and fluid than the other baby. The doctor does not think this is the cause of the low fluid because the babies are still growing at similar rates. (Baby A is 3 oz and Baby B is 4 oz) Babies with TTTS tend to have one baby growing exponentially and the other stops growing altogether. I'll go back in two weeks to check fluid levels and probably find out the sex of the babies. In the meantime I am to amp up on my water intake. The more water I drink the more likely they'll have more amniotic fluid.

Over the next two weeks, pray that Baby A's fluid will increase and that I will continue to have no more bleeding. Matt and I are so grateful for your prayers!

No comments: