Monday, October 6, 2008

A small scare

I can breathe a big sigh of relief.

I went to Hartsville on Saturday because my dad is in the hospital. He went to the emergency room on Friday with chest pains and pelvic pain. He has chronic blood clots and had a stress test today to figure out the chest pains. We'll see how that goes.

When I arrived Saturday I had some small bleeding which is terrifying especially when you've experienced miscarriage in the past. The doctor on call told me to take it easy and go in this morning for an ultrasound.

I don't know if maternal instinct counts for much in the medical world but I was confident my babies were ok. The ultrasound this morning confirmed that the babies are just fine with heart rates of 162 (baby A) and 174 (baby B). We heard their heart beats for the first time today. I have what is called placenta previa which means my placenta is completely covering my cervix. This is likely to move and fix itself in the next few weeks but it will be monitored. The important part is that the babies are ok. Their hearts are healthy and they are moving.

cb

4 comments:

Christy said...

I am so glad everything is okay. I have praying for you and the babies.

Erin said...

So glad to hear that you and the babies are doing well! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the babies are ok. They are really bless to have the mother and dad that they have. They are really. Crystal, I just want you to know you'll never know how good you may me feel when you came walking in to my room. You are the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Crystal... I just read all your updates and are very happy for you and Matt. Are you and Matt going to find out what the babies are? And if so.. when?? I look forward to seeing you 4... hee hee again soon!!
Heather