Saturday, October 11, 2008

Well... its been a long night and its going to be a long week and a half. As I described in an earlier post, I have placenta previa, meaning my placenta is covering my cervix. This can be relatively dangerous late in pregnancy but when its diagnosed early in pregnancy it tends to resolve itself.

Last night I had some heavy bleeding that resulted in a midnight trip to triage at Spartanburg Regional. Thankfully I had read up during the day yesterday on placenta previa and what can happen so the bleeding didn't disturb me as much as it would have if I hadn't educated myself. An officer stopped us on the way but I think he sensed that Matt was upset and sent us on our way right away. At the hospital they monitored my bleeding which had stopped before we even arrived. I was sent home on bedrest. I go back to the doctor on October 22nd. Until then I'll reside in the lower level of our house. I was instructed to either stay up or stay down and down it is. I'm hoping this time will fly by but I doubt it will.

We listened to the babies' heartbeat at the hospital and they are both healthy with strong heartbeats.

We're thankful that God is protecting our babies and my health. We pray that the pregnancy will continue without any further complications.

Thanks for everyone's concern.

Crystal

No comments: