Monday, May 26, 2008

Back to the Grind

Well, after a break from working.... I have to go back tomorrow. Sigh. I can't complain though since I have Friday off and that means another long weekend. We're all looking forward to Dad completing his much-anticipated bike ride. He'll leave the Applebee's in Hartsville on Friday at 1:00 pm and ride 40 miles to McLeod Regional Hospital in Florence. He's been working and training hard and it will be so much fun to see him complete something for which he's worked so hard.

A couple of days ago, Beth tagged me. While I'm not positive, I think it means I'm supposed to blog about the ten things I love most about my husband, so here we go in no particular order.

1. Matt strives to be and enjoys being the spiritual leader in our home. He is an amazing leader and someone from whom I can always ask advice knowing I'll get a Godly response.
2. Matt has a great moral ethic. He works hard and takes pride in his work, always trying to please those in charge and manage to keep the customer happy.
3. I absolutely love watching Matt lead worship on Sunday mornings at church. He spends time on Saturday evenings preparing so that we sing the songs the Holy Spirit impresses on his heart. Worship is always a wonderful experience and he gets to lead us before the throne of God.
4. You may or may not know that I think milk is the greatest beverage in the world. I love it when, without ever asking, Matt brings me a tall cold glass of milk. It tells me that he pays attention to the little things and I love that.
5. When Matt and I are facing a difficult situation or have to make important situations, I love it when he looks at me and says "Crystal lets pray."
6. I love that Matt takes pride in his appearance and if you know Matt well, in the way he smells. I love that I know "his smell." One of our couples devotion books asks if you think you could pick out your spouse by smell if you were blindfolded. I love that with no doubts at all, I know I could pick him out by smell. I love it when I go to bed and I can snuggle against him or his pillow and smell him. Something about it just makes me feel safe and lets me know he is near.
7. I love that Matt has passion. He has dreams and is passionate about his golf game. He wants to play professionaly and whether he ever reaches that dream or not, I admire him for having a dream and working to pursue it.
8. I love that even when Matt and I have had some really... really rough times in the last eight years, Matt has been steadfast and strong and always been a constant.
9. I love to watch Matt when his "fellas" come over to play ball on the playstation. They are so funny together and they have so much fun like kids.
10. I love that Matt is a Godly man. I know that I've said I admire him for being the spiritual leader in our home, but I also love that outside of our home, in every realm of life, Matt strives to be a Godly man.

Well, there ya go.

No comments: