Thursday, May 15, 2008

Long overdue

I know. I'm such a slacker. It has been so long since an update so I'll try to fill you in on what's going on in the Brewer house.

Last time I wrote much was the weekend mom and dad came to visit. Well, since then... mom transferred to the same Wal-Mart that Matt works at. She gets to decorate cakes full-time and loves it. She's really enjoying the atmosphere and the people she works with. She's living with us in our guest room downstairs which has been nice and she helps us out so much with cleaning and preparing dinner and taking care of the animals. Dad stayed behind in Hartsville and is waiting patiently to sell the house. We're hoping it sells real soon.

Things are going well for Matt at work as well.

I'm still at my job until the end of June and then I'll be released. I haven't found many leads in the form of jobs but I'm sure God will provide one in His timing.

When Mom moved in, so did Peanut. Peanut is a miniature dachshund who is really cute but ALL puppy. She seems to really like black flip flops. haha Oreo liked her right away. It took Nacho some time to warm up to her and even longer for Pixie but slowly everyone is getting along better.

Well, our big news this weekend is that Matt and i are going to be parents. We had our first doctor's appointment yesterday. I'm only four weeks along so he wouldn't give us a definite due date but it should be around January 17th. I go back on June 19th and at that point we'll be able to see the baby on ultrasound and hear the heartbeat. Its all very exciting but overwhelming as well. Because of my polycystic ovarian syndrome, I am at a higher risk for miscarriage so I need to take some extra medicines and take extra caution so that I don't get hurt. Easier said than done since I'm such a clutz. Mom is making sure to wait on my hand and foot. :-P

All of the grandparents are very excited and I can't wait to see all of them with their first grandchild.

Dad's bike ride is coming up on May 30th. He's gonna ride 43 miles from Hartsville to Florence to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network.

Well, I'll write more later. I'll get myself back in the habit of writing again.

later.
cb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be a grandpa. Crystal and Matt, I'm so happy for the both of you. Crystal,remember all the pay back that I owe you and your grandpa. Well now me and your momma gets to pay you back because we're going to be the grandpa and grandma. We get to buy ice cream,mr good bars,toys you know like your grandpa did with you and ya thought it was funny.Now we get to do it. Daddy loves you both and are praying for both of ya. Love daddy