Thursday, May 29, 2008

There isn't much I miss....

There really isn't much I miss about Hartsville. Its where I grew up and its small.... really small when compared to Greenville. I remember when I first moved to Greenville I was absolutely amazed by how large everything was and thought it was ridiculous that to get anywhere in Greenville you always got on the interstate. In Hartsville you could be from one side of town to the next in 10 minutes and that was during busy traffic and catching all the red lights. Heck... the closest interstate is at last 20 minutes away. But as my mom and I were driving in tonight I remembered something I do miss. I could see the stars... hundreds of them. From our house in Greenville (only five minutes from downtown) you can see about 10 stars. I'm not kidding. You never see enough to make you say "it sure is a pretty night." But riding in I looked out the window and the sky was so dark and unpolluted by orange city lights and in every direction I could see beautiful twinkling stars. You folks in Greenville are missing out.

Well, tomorrow is dad's fund-raising bike ride. I hope to post some pictures when we get back to Greenville on Sunday. Let's pray for plenty of sunshine and lots of strength for dad.

Will write soon.

cb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Crystal. I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I understand what you're going through. Hal and I miscarried twice last year (in January and April), both in the first trimester. Although we've never understood the reasons why, we do know that our children are in the Lord's hands, that there is a reason that he required them back so soon. This time of our lives has really strengthened our marriage. Know that we will be praying for you. And if you need to talk, let me know (sarahweber@crccsc.org)