Tuesday, May 27, 2008

State of the Economy

So, I had a moment. Maybe you have these kinds of moments where you've been expecting or possibly dreading something and then suddenly you have a "moment" because you realize it is quickly approaching and well.... there is nothing you can do about it. So, I'm sitting at work and since there isn't much to be done around here, I found myself staring at the calendar. Next thing you know, I'm counting. Counting today, there are exactly 20 days left at my current job. Do I have a new job up? No. Do I have any prospects? Not really. What am I going to do? You probably know as much as I do.

Unfortunately, me and all my coworkers find ourselves looking for jobs in one of the worst times to be looking. Unemployment rates are high but no one is hiring because everyone is hurting over the price of gas and loads of other commodities that are being effected by the price of gas as well. (i.e. in my previous post I mentioned my love for milk. Did you know that milk at Bi-Lo is almost $2 more per gallon than at Wal-Mart? I know Wal-Mart can buy in bigger bulk and thus not have to charge as much but good grief a $2 difference?!) So, anyways, we find ourselves looking for jobs in a time when the economy stinks. A few people here and there have found jobs. I'm glad they are but I need one too! I mean I'm even looking for things that I know I'm way-over qualified for. I'm not trying to sound conceited. I just know I worked hard for a Bachelors degree, I'd like to use it.

Hmmmm.... mental block. I'll write more later.

No comments: