Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Told You So

I think I have the best husband in the world. Granted, I'm sure I'm a little biased but thats my opinion. I take any chance I can get to brag on my husband. I love to praise him for the awesome way he serves as the spiritual leader in our family. He takes the authority given to him by God, as husband and eventually as a father, very seriously. He does a wonderful job discerning what is best for our family, not by this world's standards but by God's standards and for that I am so blessed. Now I'm not putting Matt up on a pedestal, I'm just praising him for doing a good job.

Like I said I'm biased so when someone else tells me this I just wanna scream "I told you so!" and jump for joy because God has blessed me with such an amazing Godly man for a husband. I was sitting in church this morning and Jenny looks over at me and says "You have the sweetest husband in the world," and I thought, "Mmmm hmmm, I know." Thats what I thought but I asked her, "What makes you say that?" You have to understand that Jenny is dealing with a LOT of family issues and is a strong woman for dealing with it but is having a tough time. Last week while at church she broke down in tears. She sat there and told me about how Matt looked over and said "Jenny, its going to be ok." She said it wasn't the words necessarily that made the difference but it was the tone of voice and the way she said it. She knew he was sincere. At lot of times when we deal with tough situations, people try to comfort us by saying everything is going to be ok, but sometimes they don't believe it anymore than we do in that moment. So it meant something to Jenny that someone reached out to her and was able to comfort her and when all was said and done, she believed those words, "Jenny, its going to be ok."

With that being said, I told you so!

Disclaimer: I am not saying Matt is perfect. Matt is human and I know he has flaws. I don't look past them, but I do focus on the amazing qualities he have that totally outweigh his flaws. He knows he makes mistakes and when he does he learns from them and that makes him a better man.

cb

No comments: