Monday, June 2, 2008

Lots to Write About

Ok first let me mention: If you tried to email my dad from the link in my post in the last few days it probably didn't work. Thanks to Joe, he informed me it didn't work and I have corrected it. It should have read jeric244@bellsouth.net .

I had a pretty good weekend in Hartsville. I was able to eat lunch with Melissa who has been my best friend since probably the second or third grade. Its always good to catch up with an old friend.

Dad has now raised $9,000 and his total is still rising. I have to say it again. He is so cool!

Coming back on Sunday was interesting. We came up on this little Focus wagon and across the back it read "Just Married." I of course thought how cute, and thought back to Matt and I leaving for our honeymoon. When we passed we saw it was an older couple probably in their 70s! How cute! They've found love this late in life and they get to enjoy the rest of their years with someone they love.

After we got onto I-26 mom's car started to act a little funny and eventually I had to pull over and it cut off. While we were home, someone replaced her fuel filter so I figured it had come loose or something. Being the Do-It-Yourself girl that I am, I got the car up on the jack and looked under. Yeh... I got it on the jack but didn't know what else to do from there. haha Well, while we sat waiting on Matt to pick us up, (we were 80 miles from Greenville) a very nice gentleman stopped and looked under the car and he just happened to be headed to Spartanburg. We got the car cranked and it seemed to run ok so he followed us as far as 385 and then Matt met us and followed us the rest of the way home. God took care of us.

I finally got some sleep. I had struggled to get any sleep while we were gone but I slept wonderfully in our bed. By the way, my most wonderful husband had flowers waiting for me when I got home!

cb

1 comment:

farmersdaughter4ever said...

Yeah for Matt....he get's points in my book for the flowers!