Saturday, June 28, 2008

What do I do?

Ok, its Saturday... my first Saturday enemployed.

Tuesday was my last day at work. I didn't cry or anything. I'm pretty confident I'll keep in touch with those folks.

Dad came Tuesday evening and definitely surprised Mom. He was able to stay until today and spend some time with all of us. Their house really needs to sell soon.

Wednesday and Thursday were awesome. Matt and I went down to Atlanta with our wonderful friends Josh and Karen. We stayed at a great hotel and then ate dinner at Vespucci's. Its a little Italian Pizza and Pasta place just a block from the venue for the concert we were going to. Jonny Lang and Dave Barnes put on a great show. Unfortunately Thursday morning, Josh and Karen had to leave us. Matt and I had lunch at The Varsity which was good. I had never ate there. Similarly, Matt has never ate at The Beacon in Spartanburg so I have to take him there. Anyways, arfter The Varsity we went to The Georgia Aquarium and The World of Coke. Both were really cool. I got a new set of salt & pepper shakers which made me really happy. In case you didn't know, I collect salt & pepper shakers. By the time we left The World of Coke, we had enjoyed the day but were ready to get home. There's such a sweet feeling about heading home after you've been away, if even for a day or two.

So back to the begining of my post. Here I sit on my first unemployed Saturday in a very long time. I'm hoping to be able to use my time wisely and get alot of stuff done around our house. There are still a few boxes sitting around and some clutter that is definitely getting n my nerves.

Alright, I should probably get up and start working.

Ta ta for now.

cb

No comments: